Best TV Show That I Just Watched

Best TV Show That I Just Watched
Parks & Recreation

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Offending People

As most of you know, my goal in life is to offend people. :)
I work in a building where the heat washaving a problem the last few days- it wouldn't turn off! A couple of people brought stand alone fans.
I get to work at 6:40 after my wife drops me off on her way to work. I am the first one there. Several of the people who brought fans came in just before 7 this morning and were doing what most of the people whose lives were influenced by the film Tommy Boy do- they were quoting the line where Chris Farley is talking into the fan. "Luke, I am your father, Lo, la, Lo, la".
So, being the movie geek that I am, I walk over and continue with the scene. David Spade comes in and says, "Look, I know you'd like to sit there and continue to be unslim, but we have work to do."
The main guy doing it is not petite, but also a movie fan. He knows I am a movie fan as well. But, because this gentleman is not petite, you could have heard a pin drop after I said it.
I immediately said, "Yes, I am a movie geek. That is David Spade's next line."
But, they continued to stare at me, and, as I walked away, I heard, "That was rude."
If anyone who was involved in that reads this, I am sorry. I never meant to be rude or offensive.
BUT...
if you are goofing around in the workplace and feel that it was directed at you instead of being a movie quote, maybe you shouldn't be doing it, either.

2 comments:

Eric said...

I think the reason it offended anyone is because of your work status. If you were just a little pee-on, they wouldn't think twice.

Amy said...

Next time, please tell me in advance. I would buy a ticket.

I'm not nice though.