Best TV Show That I Just Watched

Best TV Show That I Just Watched
Parks & Recreation

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Live Oscar Blogging

Starting the E! red carpet-

Jennifer Lawrence looks very nice in her simple red dress

Mila Kunis- the lace on the boobs is strange, but looks nice

Amy Adams- looks very nice witha great color

Michelle Williams- a little strange- hair too short and she can't communicate


Art Direction- Alice in Wonderland
This was my pick- an amazing world created

Cinematography- Inception
Definitely deserved it, and I have no problems with this winning. I was shooting for Black Swan in this category, but Inception was a very close second

Supporting Actress- Melissa Leo
Again, can't argue- she was fabulous- I was pulling for Helena Bonham Carter but any of the Leo-Carter-Adams-Steinfeld who would have won, I would have been happy

Animated Short- The Lost Thing

Animated Feature- Toy Story 3
TS 3 deserved it, but Dragon was a sentimental pick since it was the last film I saw with my dad.

Adapted Screenplay- Aaron Sorkin-Social Network
This is the one which I felt VERY strongly about. As you listened to Sorkin's speech, it was easy to see that he was the man who writes my favorite scripts

Original Screenplay- King's Speech
Really? This was more original than Inception? Kings Speech was actually very formulaic- well done- but not most original

Foreign Film- In a Better World

Supporting Actor-Christian Bale- The Fighter
Definitely deserved it- an amazing performance!Rush was supporting, Bale was the actor- Loved him!

Score- Social Network
This was my 3rd favorite behind Dragon and Inception, but it is still a fabulous score that I listen to all the time

Sound mixing- Inception
No other real option

Sound editing- Inception
The only other option was Unstoppable, but this was my choice- amazing sound!

Makeup- Rick Baker
Yay! The man wins again!

Costume Design- Alice in Wonderland
Again- Best costumer wins!

Documentary Short- Strangers No More

Short Film- Live Action- God of Love

Documentary Feature- Inside Job
I would have loved to see Exit Through the Gift Shop win, just to see what might have happened, but I have not seen any of the others

Visual Effects-Inception
Any real competition?

Best song- Randy Newman- We Belong Together
Very good song- along with it also fitting into the actual story and film, its a fun song
Is Randy Newman becoming Buddy Hackett as he gets older?

Director- Tom Hooper- King's Speech
I loved the film, but didnt feel that it did anything special with the directing. The cast carried this one

Actress- Natalie Portman
This was easily the best and hardest performance of the year and a great performance for Ms. Portman

Actor- Colin Firth
Was there any tension? Although I feel many others did just as good of work, but this was a foregone conclusion. He was very good and deserved the recognition for bringing the speech patterns out so well.

Film-King's Speech
Again, I personnally was rooting for Social Network to win, but I can't argue with King's Speech. It was an easier film to like and understand and had a main character you could really get behind, root for, and see yourself as the underdog.

Final tally-

King's Speech-4
Inception- 4
Social Network- 3
Fighter- 2
Toy Story 3- 2
Black Swan- 1

No comments: