Best TV Show That I Just Watched

Best TV Show That I Just Watched
Parks & Recreation

Monday, January 22, 2018

Where Have I Been?

It has been one heck of a last 2 years.
I kept wanting to start the blog back up, but, again, just like after my dad died, there were so many things that happened, and I didnt know how to start back up. So, here is the start back up!
I don't want to get into all of it, but here is the gist of it.

1- In August of 2015, I had implantable corrective lenses put in my eyes. I was lucky, and got to be the 1 percent of people who have the surgery who get cataracts from it. So, in August of 2017, I got the cataracts taken care of. Due to the cataracts, I had to crank the magnification up on my computer and I couldnt really see it unless it was at 600%. Try that. Crank your computer up to that high of magnification and see how much fun it is to be on the computer.
2- I was working 2 jobs- Protection 1 and Megaplex Theaters. My job at Protection 1 got phased out so I got put into the general customer service area and, because I was new to customer service, I was given the worst shifts possible (even though I had been at the company for 9 years) and had to make my Megaplex shifts work around those crappy shifts.
3- I eventually left Protection 1 to work for another company (which I would prefer not to name). I was hired to do one thing and, almost every week, my job description got changed, and I was never trusted to do any part of the job, until I was given an impossible job and tasks and, when it didn't work, I was let go...the week before Thanksgiving. So, Megaplex became my main job.
4- In a 6 month period, I had a car fire, my car was totalled, but I was safe. So, I got a new car, and then got into an accident which totalled that car. And I am now on my third car in about a 15 month period. Hopefully I will have this one for a while.
5- My wife Aleisha and I seperated in August of 2016. She moved to Austin, Texas. We tried to make it work for 10 months, but, on June 2, 2017, Aleisha asked for a divorce. This was after we had already started the process to get back together in St. George, UT, but things just weren't progressing in that way. I filed the divorce papers in Salt Lake. Since the process had already begun, I continued to move and so, I am now ,living in St. George, Utah. The divorce finalized the day before Thanksgiving 2017. So, as of this writing, I have now been single for 2 months.
6- I was able to transfer to a theater in St George with Megaplex, so I am now an Assistant Manager at the discount theater in St George. I am working on trying to get as many smaller and independent films to the theater as I can. The first one I fought for, Megan Leavey, was one of our top sellers of 2017. I also made Team Leader of the year after just 6 months at that theater. I am quite proud of that achievement!
7- I have started a movie club with my friends from the theater, showing them some of my favorite films of all time and talking about them.
8- I am working on writing curiculuum with my mom for a school down here in Southern Utah. We just started, so I dont have much more information, but it feels great to get back to writing!
9- I have also started writing movie reviews again and I am initially sending them to a website called www.filmsleeprepeat.com. After being there for a short while exclusively, I will start posting them here and on my podcast site so that I will have record of them, no matter what happens in the future to the other site.
10- I have also started writing the sequel to my fiction series novel, the continuing adventures of Jonathan Edward Mills. Boy, does it feel great to write again!
11- At this time, I still have the four cats- Ainsley, Calleigh, Felicity, and Cordy. They have helped me immensely during this transition period.

So, as January  2017 comes to a close, I am 45 years old, newly divorced, single, now living alone in St. George, Utah, working at a local movie theater, writing movie reviews for a blog, writing history curiculuum for a school with my mom, working on a sequel to my book, trying to get that all published, and trying to start over again.

It's hard, but I feel good. It's not where I would ever have chosen to be, but, it seems to be working out.

I'm back!


No comments: