Best TV Show That I Just Watched

Best TV Show That I Just Watched
Parks & Recreation

Sunday, April 15, 2012

End of an Era- Again

After my dad's death, I was needing a little "comfort" in my surroundings. To make a long story short, I ended up back at Blockbuster. And I really enjoyed it again.
While Blockbuster sucked at being a full time job before I quit in December 2007, going back 2 nights a week in December 2010 was what I was needing.
In the last year and a half, I have been able to talk movies again with customers, get the employee benefits, and work with a good friend of mine who was managing the store.
3 weeks ago, we were told that the store that I was working at would be closing its doors for good on May 20th. I have spent the last 3 weeks deciding if I was going to transfer or not and I have made my decision.
No, I am not transferring.
While I have loved Blockbuster for 13 years and had a great time, as I approach my 40th birthday, it is time to let it go and re-embract my nights off. I am getting tired of doing double duty 2 nights a week and sleeping a lot more either between the 2 jobs on those 2 afternoons or taking naps on the days following the working of the 2nd job.
While there are a myriad of other reasons, the truth is that I am done working there. I have been trying to work through it for a while now and the closing of the store gives me a great opportunity to get out right now, no harm, no foul, and to be okay with it.
So, goodbye Blockbuster, once again.
And, yes, I get to turn the lights out. I have already asked to work the final shift in the store.

No comments: