Best TV Show That I Just Watched

Best TV Show That I Just Watched
Parks & Recreation

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Again, Movie Ratings System

Again, to remind everyone, I will be giving two ratings to each film that I review. One rating will be a “movie rating”, the other will be a “film rating”.
I do not feel that Schindler’s List should be graded on the same scale as “The Expendables”. It would not be fair to either film. Sometimes, there are films that are just to sit back and enjoy- to turn your brain off for a while and be entertained. Sometimes there are times when you want to see a very well-crafted film which is geared to a slightly different audience than the lowest common denominator which may not be made just for enjoyment.
So, the movie rating is based on how fun was it, how much could it be enjoyed at the level and which it was seeking to entertain?
The film rating is based on how well made it is and the technical achievements of it.
Just because I give a film a high movie rating and a low film rating or vice versa, does not mean that I did not enjoy it or find pieces of it enjoyable. I will point out my reasonings for the rating in the review.
To show how this works, I will start with three very different films: Resident Evil: Afterlife, Black Swan, and True Grit. Watch for these reviews very soon.

No comments: