Best TV Show That I Just Watched

Best TV Show That I Just Watched
Parks & Recreation

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Update on Coming Soon, doc publishing, and job hunt

So, as you can see by the coming soon list posted below, I found a way to post entire documents here, but I think I like the way of getting a link to google documents, so you can just go and click it best. So, for the updated Coming Soon list, I will do that instead.
Which brings me to the Jon Mills story. I need to find a way where I can publish it online, but have it protected. The Coming Soon list is publicly available to everyone on the Net and I dont care, but I wont let Mills loose like that. So, I am still working on getting that on here.
The job hunt still goes smoothly. I keep getting interviews, I keep getting turned down,but then I get more interviews. Since I still have a job, it doesn't feel like I'm beating my head against a wall. Yesterday's interview was full of slime, but other than that, it's been a good experience.
For yesterday's interview, I went to an office. I should have been clued in when there was only 1 guy and a secretary in a huge office. It was for a financial account representative job. It took over 2 hours to take a personality test, be interviewed and have this guy try to BRT (build a relationship of trust, ask any missionary) with me. When he asked me where I worked, I said Blockbuster, and he told me that he and his wife rented movies all the time, and they see several a week. When I asked which ones he had seen recently, he hmmmed and haaahed for a while. I asked him then what were some of his favorites of all time. When he couldn't answer that, I knew he was blowing smoke up my butt, so I let him off the hook. The job was apurely commission based thing where they would "pay" me 2,000 a month for the first year (and at some point, I would have to pay it back to them, like a short term loan), and they would "rent" me an office space, and they would "mentor" me for a price as well. I knew I wasn't going to go anywhere with this, but I felt it wouldn't kill me to take their "personality profile". So I took it, and after, the interviewer shook my hand, told me he'd be in touch, and no matter what their decision was (THEIR decision, when I have to pay them money?), he would like to be my financial advisor and he handed me his card. It was all I could do to not tell him to F*** off, but I didn't and left disgusted with my afternoon.
That put me down for the day, but, I ended on an upnote. I found the newly released to DVD documentary "THis Film is Not Yet Rated", which is a blistering portrayal of the insanity of the MPAA and the movie rating system, bought it, and absolutely loved it! Even though it is unrated (obviously)- it shows the unedited versions of many R-Rated scenes which suppossedly pushed the NC-17 limits, since it's only a few frames, there is not much difference- I would recommend this film to anyone who wants to see just how idiotic the rating system and the rating board is. I have respect for people who dont watch R-rated films, but I dont have respect for the system. When many PG-13s are much worse than some Rs, there is something definitely wrong.Does Planes, Trains, and Automobiles deserve the same rating as Sin City? Anyway, off my soapbox.
Check back later for a post about my opinions on the Oscar and Razzie nominations.

No comments: